Sunday, June 28, 2009

Give me one more chance



Wow, so apparently me insomia posting = a bad idea. Who would've guessed? Gonna leave it up anyways, though, cos, why not?

As you may have noticed, I kinda disappeared for a month or two there. Was busy/lazy. But, now that school's out, exams are over and I have long days to fill with nothing but scouring music blogs (not exactly true, but one of the few advantages of my current [hopefully short-term] jobblessness¹), expect things round here to get back to normal (as if they ever were). Probably won't be posting daily, but something close to it. (Like, at least a few times a week. Promise.)

Anyways, rambling, so; here's the new Bloc Party single. I happen to love it. Exactly what you're not expecting, which, with Bloc Party, is basically the point. (And of course, that lyric was too fitting not to use for the title of this post). You should give it a spin. I'd worry about getting a take-down notice for posting a not-yet-released single from a fairly popular band, but honestly, nobody fucking reads this blog, so it really doesn't matter (but of course, as usual, if the label is reading this and do want it taken down, contact me at the address on the sidebar and it will be done). Oh, and feel free to follow me on the Hype Machine. Shiny.

Blco Party - One More Chance (zShare)

By the way, this is not a rip, but it is rather low quality (96kb/s). The single is out 10/08 via Wichita and will be available from their recently refurbished and rather excellent online shop and blocparty.com.

I think I'm gonna start working on a minor redesign that I've been meaning to do since, oh, forever. That should be done by the end of the week. Mark your calenders. Later!

¹I make it sound as if that were some horrible consequence of the recession; in fact I'm just too lazy/pathetic/insecure to go apply at the movie theater down the street that I'm almost certain would hire me.

No comments: